Community Screenings Project: Teatro Linea de Sombra | Amarillo
Between April and June 2013, OntheBoards.tv and Boom Arts (Portland) will expand the Pacific Northwest audience for Amarillo (film coming soon to OntheBoards.tv) by screening the filmed piece in five regional communities. Each screening will be hosted by and co-curated with a local arts partner and will include a bilingual discussion and Q&A featuring local scholars and community leaders. The piece expands our collective conversation about immigration and border issues with a poetic Mexican perspective. Teatro Línea de Sombra's Amarillo uses contemporary visual and multimedia theatre to evoke the hope and despair experienced by Mexican and Central American migrants attempting to cross the US/Mexico border.
1. Cinema Pacific Film Festival University of OregonEugene, OR April 17, 2013 at 4:00pmFeaturing a discussion with Amarillo director Jorge Vargas (via Skype from Mexico) and Lynn Stephen, Professor of Anthropology at the University of Oregon and Director of the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies.
2. Tieton Arts & Humanities Mighty Tieton WarehouseTieton, WA (Yakima Valley) May 10, 2013 at 6:30pmFeaturing a discussion with Paul Apostolidis, Professor and T. Paul Chair of Political Science at Whitman College and author, Breaks in the Chain: What Immigrant Workers Can Teach America About Democracy (University of Minnesota Press, 2010). Followed by a reception with live music by members of the Seattle Fandango Project.
3. El Centro MilagroPortland, OR May 22, 2013 at 7:00pmPresented in conjunction with El Centro Milagro’s mainstage production, Dance for a Dollar. Featuring a discussion with Amalia Gladhart, Professor of Spanish and Head of the Department of Romance Languages at the University of Oregon.
4. Columbia Center for the ArtsHood River, OR June 5, 2013 at 7:30pmFollowed by a discussion with community leaders.
5. Ross Ragland TheatreKlamath Falls, OR June 20, 2013 at 7:00pmFollowed by a discussion with community leaders.
Ticketing for each screening and discussion event varies; please contact venue or send inquiries to Ruth Wikler-Luker, Curator and Producer of Boom Arts, at email@example.com.
Available now: Kyle Loven Loss Machine
In this full length, HD version get up close with the machine to experience the detailed, magical performance carefully constructed by Loven. Loss Machine unearths a world of lost items, misplaced thoughts and fractured journeys all housed within an intricately detailed set.
Available now: Lagartijas Tiradas al Sol El Rumor del Incendio
Check out our latest addition to the OntheBoards.tv library!
Based in Mexico City, Lagartijas Tiradas al Sol tell the story of 1960's young revolutionaries who took up arms in a desperate attempt to change society. El Rumor del Incendio blends witness accounts, archive film, and scale models as the actors unearth the artifacts of recent history. Filmed at Portland Institute of Contemporary Performance's TBA Festival.
Coming soon: Kyle Loven Loss Machine
Loss Machine unearths a world of lost items, misplaced thoughts and fractured journeys all housed within an intricately detailed set. Digging through the layers of the everyday and the fantastical, this piece poignantly displays a narrative of discovery and loss from the drama of imagery.
OntheBoards.tv Movie Club: Wunderbaum Songs at the End of the World
On the Boards | Studio TheaterTue | Feb 26 | 7pm | FREE!
The endearing Dutch theatrical superband performs a high-energy rock spectacle about dreams, choices and possibilities in the cold of Antarctica. Join us in Seattle for popcorn, drinks and enjoy it on our big screen!
OntheBoards.tv 3rd Birthday!
As we celebrate our birthday Jan 25 - 27th be sure to snag a $1 RENTAL Friday - Sunday and see your favorite shows again!
Use the coupon code: WEARE3! at checkout to get the discount.
ONTHEBOARDS.TV IN NEW YORK CITY
Two days ago OntheBoards.tv flew across the country to NYC. Once there, we broke out our gear and sped across the city to film two amazing performances that were part of the PS122 COIL festival.
Read more about the performances by artists Half Straddle/Tina Satter and Pavel Zuštiak/Palissimo and keep an eye out for the films online this spring!
OntheBoards.tv Movie Club | FREE BIRTHDAY SCREENING!
OntheBoards.tv is now three-years-old! Help us celebrate by joining us to watch two OtB favorites:
Sat | Jan 26 | 6pm & 8pmOn the Boards | Seattle, WA
There will be popcorn, cake, our traditional Jack Daniels and these two amazing performances in HD on our big screen at On the Board's Seattle Studio Theater. See you there!
In the editing room: Kyle Loven | Loss Machine
Two weeks ago OntheBoards.tv shot the one-man puppet show by Seattle artist Kyle Loven. We couldn't miss capturing this magical, intimate performance.
Look for it this spring at OntheBoards.tv and in the meantime read about the performance in the digital program!